Light At The End Of The Tunnel

It’s been a long time since I’ve written here and I apologise for that. Our lives have been taken over by haemodialysis and travelling. It has been so frustrating that no suitable house appeared as a months went by. Both of us, I believe, lost heart and accepted that this was what our lives would be, for the foreseeable future. Winter closed in and we found ourselves driving in snow storms, danger being added to the hopeless mix.

Then, this week, a solution finally appeared. It’s a flat, not our ideal residence, but it’s ground floor and within walking distance of the hospital. We view it on Monday but by all accounts it should be fine. Perhaps this misery has come to an end and we can resume our lives once more.

It’s been so long since I’ve bought a pen or restored one. I’m looking forward to it tremendously, though it will possibly be a few weeks before we get resettled and back in business. Then I’ll have rather more to write about.

16 Responses to Light At The End Of The Tunnel

1. Doug Price - Boulder, Colorado says:

So good to hear from you Deb! Hope you get settled soon. Peace be to you and Gordon.

2. Paul says:

Excellent news Deb. My evry best wishes for the future.

Paul

3. robertjpage says:

We hope for the very best for you!

What good news Deb. I know that it has been a huge struggle and I hope that things finally start to settle.

All the best to you both.

Philip

5. johnmc2 says:

All the best Deb. You’ve been missed! Hoping for a easier time for you both

6. So glad to hear this and hope the viewing goes well and Smartie likes it, and there is a square foot of garden to put a rose in a pot! Can I help at all? Let me know it there is anything I can do! XxP

7. Peter says:

Happy New Year and I hope the flat works out for you

8. RuiA says:

Holding thumbs for both of you and your husband. Hopefully everything has gone well yesterday and you now have a better solution to the problems both of you are suffering. As usual my best feelings go to both of you.