Unidentified Eversharp

eversharp

Can someone who is knowledgeable about Eversharps tell me what this is, please.  It appears to be a plunger filler.

12 Responses to Unidentified Eversharp

1. Hi
    Can´t identify it.
    erhaps someone who helps you can identify this one I just bought in the Madrid Pen Show:

2. Vic says:

Looks Doric-y, but lacks a gold seal and looks round rather than faceted to me. Maybe a depression-era Equipoised (aka “The Round Vacuum Filler” aka the round Doric). Not sure about the cap band though.

3. Vic says:

I did some more digging and it looks like it may be a $3 Round Vacuum Filler from 1935-1936, in grey pearl and black mottle.
    See this thread on FPN for more, including an advert for the pen:

Heh! I had sent Syd a copy of this link so that he could take a look at the pen and it looks like he had already answered it. The interwebs works in mysterious ways for sure

5. Peter says:

Whatever, it is a very pretty pen and I’m glad that both of you have ‘turned the corner’.
    Best wishes, Peter

6. David says:

Hi, I think this is what collectors term a “Round Doric” or “$3 Doric”. I believe they are from around 1937-1941 (I may be wrong on the dates) and were a lower tier (cost) pen from Eversharp. I think these came with several different style cap bands; three bands with a larger central band (like your example), three small bands all the same size, and two small bands. Syd (a.k.a. The Wahlnut) Sapperstein is the go-to guy when it comes to these pens IMO. In a previous comment here someone mentions already asking Syd. FWIW, according to the CPI Inflation Calculator at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics $3 USD in 1938 is worth $49.69 in 2013 money.

7. Simon says:

I was going to say that I have one of these, and followed up on FPN, but I see somebody has already posted the link. Does yours have the transparent barrel?

Glad to hear things are improving

8. Thank you all for your help. A Round Doric or $3 Doric it is! I’m rather taken with this pen and I suspect that it may be a keeper.

Simon: No, mine doesn’t have a transparent barrel.

9. Michael says:

The pen looks like it is one of the Eversharps that collectors refer to as a “Round Doric”. They are kind of uncommon and I don’t know for sure if they were ever included in a catalog or not, they might have been. Not a plug, but I have a black one for sale at the moment. It has a clear and black mottled barrel. The black parts are kind like chunks or patches and it makes for a very cool looking barrel, when the pen is empty.

10. Jerry.adair@yahoo.com Adair says:

It is it fills similar to s Schaeffer. Pretty way to repair. I think David Nishamura may have O rings or perhaps Woodbin. Pretty pen depending on the size $200US in working order
    Jerry